Germany Bestiality Ban

Posted by Lady cherokee Lady cherokee

Berlin is reportedly close to passing a law explicitly banning bestiality, Ynet has learned.

The legislation campaign against zoophilia was launched after animal rights groups and tabloid newspapers pushed for existing legislation to be clarified.

Germany legalized bestiality in 1969, except when the animal suffered "significant harm."

But not all are in agreement: Michael Kiok, chairman of the pressure group Zoophile Engagement for Tolerance and Information (Zeta), said his group would fight the amendment.

"It is unthinkable that any sexual act with an animal is punished without proof that the animal has come to any harm," he said.

According to Kiok "Animals are capable of showing what they do, or do not, want to do.

"We see animals as partners and not as a means of gratification. We don't force them to do anything. Animals are much easier to understand than women."

Full Story Here